Just trying to find my way

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Roasted Tomato Salsa

Ingredients:
3 tomato's
3 cloves of garlic
half of a small onion
1 jalapeno
olive oil
dash of salt
1 lime

(This picture was take with my phone right before i dropped it in the bowl...I love talking on the phone and smelling tomatos. Not)
Preheat oven to 400. Slice the tomato's and onion into half inch slices,and lye on baking sheet. Add garlic cloves with skin on and jalapeno, drizzle everything with olive oil. Leave in oven for about 20 minutes or when everything is golden/a little blackened. Take out Jalapeno and or garlic if it looks as if they are getting too brown (I did this). Take out of oven and put everything besides garlic on jalapeno in bowl to cool. Slice jalapeno down the middle and take out majority of seeds(put the seeds to the side), then slice garlic cloves and take out the roasted garlic. Put everything in a blender, tomatos, garlic, onion, jalapeno, and the lime. Slice the lime and use the juice to thin out the salsa. Blend everything together, if you like it thinner add lime, or if you life it hotter add the left over seeds. Enjoy!



 I made this salsa at one of the 3 jobs while I was nannying, I love to make healthy and homemade food for myself and the kids thats super easy. I absolutely love love love roasting everything, it gives food the best flavor, makes the house smell amazing, and it is so easy. Next will be my roasted veggies recipe. Food is one of my favorite parts of life, I truly believe cooking is an art form, and having food is such an amazing blessing. I encourage everyone including my self to not eat processed food or eat fast food. I love me some McDonalds quater pounder with large fry and a coke. BUT I love my body more, so im going to start trying really hard to eat better.


Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment